To receive funding from CBA Fund your organization must:
- Be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, credit union, or Native agency.
- Currently be a CBA member in good standing or willing to become one.
- Demonstrate the ability to use funds for an existing or new consumer loan program.
- Be reporting loans or are willing to set up to reporting your loans to the major consumer credit bureaus.
- Have the appropriate state lending license(s) to provide consumer loans as required or can prove that your organization is exempt from needing (please reach out to CBA Fund for more information)
- Offer loan terms that are affordable, flexible, and conducive to credit building as noted in our Loan Product Standards
CBA Fund provides funding to cohorts of lenders throughout the year. You can find out about future funding opportunities by signing up for the CBA newsletter.
We define consumer loans as loans used for personal stability uses/household purposes. These loans can be of any size, but loans that are $2,500 or less are preferred. Consumer loans can include but aren't limited to payday loan alternatives/refinance loans, emergency loans, credit builder loans, home repair loans, assistive technology loans, auto loans, etc. Our definition does NOT include small business loans or mortgages.
CBA was created by and for our nonprofit members as a bridge to the modern credit reporting system to help millions of individuals with poor credit or no credit participate in mainstream financial system by building credit. To further this mission, CBA Fund was created to grow the capacity of nonprofit lenders to provide safe and affordable loans to people currently living without the financial slack to achieve and sustain financial stability. By providing an alternative to high-cost predatory loans and helping their borrowers build credit as an asset, CBA Fund partners are helping their borrowers become more financially secure.
CBA Fund offers interest rate of 2% or 3% and the loan terms are 2 or 3 years.
No, CBA Fund is happy to provide technical assistance to any nonprofit that would like more information about providing a safe and affordable small dollar consumer loan product. Email us at email@example.com