Rent Reporting Technical Assistance Center
CBA offers tools, training, and support catered to affordable housing landlords seeking to implement rent reporting. Additionally, we offer our expertise to community advocates and policy makers to advance local and statewide solutions to increase rent reporting adoption across the country.
Why offer Rent Reporting?
Unlike homeowners, renters historically have not gotten ‘credit’ on their credit reports for making their monthly housing payments. Renters are seven times more likely to have no credit score (they have too little credit history to generate a score) compared to homeowners. Many also have limited opportunities to build credit history, which directly impacts their ability to get and stay ahead in today’s economy. Reporting rental payments is a proven strategy that offers low-income renters an opportunity to build credit as a financial asset without taking on additional debt.
Visit our RENT REPORTING TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE CENTER to learn more about the power of rent reporting and what you can do to implement it for renters in your community.
Resources Available Through the Rent Reporting Technical Assistance Center
- Support for landlords choosing a rent reporting service that works best for their context (note: CBA does not provide a payment reporting service itself)
- Transparent information on financial technology companies that offer rent reporting solutions
Examples of Eligible Organizations
- Multi-family affordable housing owners and/or operators, including Community Development Corporations
- Public and Tribal Housing Agencies
- For-profit housing developers and/or managers building and/or managing affordable and/or public housing
- Owners of single family rent-to-own units
- Community Land Trusts
- Manufactured Housing Communities
- Student Housing Operators