The Results Are In!
Download our pilot reports and guides:
- The Power of Rent Reporting Pilot White Paper
- Rent Reporting for Credit Building 101: An Introduction to Initiative Design and Implementation
- Lessons Learned and Recomendations for Affordable Housing Providers
- CBA Rent Reporting for Credit Building Overview
- View our Power of Rent Reporting Pilot Results Webinar & Slide Deck
Check out our Rent Reporting for Credit Building Success Stories:
- Bill's Path to Homeownership from Affordable Housing, Education and Development, Inc. (AHEAD)
- Hiba's Pursuit of New Opportunities from Commonwealth Land Trust
- Judith's Emergency Savings Account from AHC Greater Baltimore
- Cindy's Path to Homeownership from Covenant Community Capital
CBA’s Power of Rent Reporting Pilot, generously funded by the Citi Foundation, was designed to support and test a new credit building program meant to catalyze the power of rent reporting as a viable option for low-income affordable housing residents to build positive credit histories and financial capability. Together with a handful of trail-blazing affordable housing organizations, we are making history.
Over 39 million U.S. households — approximately 100 million people — live in rental housing. According to the 2012 Current Population Survey, 63% of these households earn less than $35,000 annually and 41% earn less than $20,000 annually. As a result, many households may struggle to pay their rent on time. Making late housing payments can damage the credit of renters and homeowners alike. However, historically only homeowners have been able to build positive credit through on-time mortgage payments. Now renters can too.
How can your organization get involved with Rent Reporting for Credit Building?
- Review our Rent Reporting for Credit Building Self-Assessment in order to better gauge whether a rent reporting for credit building initiative is right for your organization
- Complete the CBA Rent Reporting for Credit Building Interest Form in order to provide us with information about your organization and let us know that you're interested in exploring the opportunity
- Review CBA's Rent Reporting for Credit Building consulting service flyer
Contact us at email@example.com for more information