Join the Challenge, Write your Story, Share and WIN!
CBA is challenging asset building nonprofits to submit Score2Save stories about your clients in 2012! Please calculate the savings of ONE client and share their story with us for the chance to receive your organization’s success highlighted by CBA. Be creative in your submissions and how you quantify savings - savings can come in a variety of ways!
What is Score2Save?
A good credit score can save thousands of dollars over a lifetime! Can we calculate that? As credit builders, you help thousands of clients access safer products and change their credit behaviors while using credit information to track outcomes. But, you’re also helping your clients save! Cha-Ching.
Throughout our 2012 Score2Save campaign, CBA challenges you to:
Think about how credit building leads to savings
Calculate what clients save as a result of credit building
Send CBA great client saving stories
Be Part of Score2Save!
Submit a great Score2Save story to
! Start easy, start with one client. Calculate what ONE client has saved, and send us the story. Be creative in your submissions and how you quantify savings. Take a look at CBA's Score2Save presentation for some ideas to get you started!
As part of our Score2Save campaign, we’re hosting several micro-challenges (there will be prizes for winning organizations)! Enter one (or all)!
Start connecting good credit to savings for your clients! Read our newsletters, follow us on Twitter (@credit_is_asset), and visit our site regularly for information and resources that will help you build savings for your clients while you help them build credit.
Score2Save Information and Resources
- See a presentation all about Score2Save and what we're looking for in a submission!
- For a sample Score2Save story, check out Adrea's story from Innovative Changes, Deepa's story from Women's Initiative, and Tom's story from People Inc.
- Our March, April, and June newsletters have resources, stories, and information that may help you connect good credit to savings!
- Take a look at myFICO's Loan Savings Calculator - "the Loan Savings Calculator shows how FICO® scores impact the interest you pay on a loan. Select your loan type and state, enter the appropriate loan details and choose your current FICO® score range. You can see that working to get your score in the higher ranges can mean a big savings!" (www.myfico.com)
- Follow us on Twitter (@credit_is_asset)! We post Score2Save resources regularly!
CFED ALC 2012 Micro-Challenge
For the leadup to CFED's Assets Learning Conference, CBA invited ALL asset building organizations - both CBA and non-CBA members - to submit Score2Save stories. We asked you to step up to the challenge and you responded! We received a record number of submissions from across the country. Each story creatively shared how their clients used credit building to improve their savings!
Warm Springs Tribal Credit Enterprise (WS) and the Financial Opportunity Center of North County Lifeline (NCLL) won the 30 Day Micro-Challenge through sharing their clients' stories. WS and NCLL helped Robert and Beatriz build credit and save. Bruce Engle of WS and Alma Palencia of NCLL's FOC were awarded full scholarships to share their success at the CFED ALC Score2Save session in DC. Click here to read the winning Score2Save stories for CFED ALC 2012!
April 2012 Micro-Challenge
In April, CBA challenged microenterprise organizations (MDOs) to submit Score2Save stories about their entrepreneurs. We asked members to calculate the savings of ONE client and send us their story. Organizations reached out to their entrepreneurs and put a dollar amount to the savings they've accumulated as a result of good credit! They were creative in their submissions and how they quantified savings!
People Incorporated and Women's Initiative won the April micro-challenge! They both received scholarships to attend the AEO conference! Click here to learn more about the winners and to read their submissions!