CBA is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
The Credit Builders Alliance (CBA) is seeking an Executive Director to guide the next phase of CBA’s growth. The position offers a unique opportunity to take this successful, innovative nonprofit to another level, tapping new markets, shaping new products and services, and carving a place for discussion and change in the credit building field. Working with a board of directors and seven staff, the new CBA Executive Director will have the chance to bring his or her vision and entrepreneurial approach to the social enterprise spirit of the organization.
A complete job description for the Executive Director is available here, but generally, responsibilities include:
- Lead, manage, and oversee all activities of the organization, positioning CBA as one of the foremost authorities on credit building and credit as an asset for vulnerable populations
- In partnership with senior staff, guide core member services and current programs, projects, and contracts to their maximum effectiveness
- Provide leadership on strategic initiatives and business planning that open more markets and broaden the reach of credit building impact
- Carry chief responsibility for developing and maintaining a diversified funding base to underwrite the organization’s activities and initiatives, that meets investors’ goals as well
- Create strategic partnerships that lead to further penetration into markets at risk with diverse products and services
- Oversee the delivery of essential communications flowing from CBA, both verbal and electronic, that provide information, education, credit building tools, and easy access to technical assistance
- Direct the prudent financial management of CBA and the development or refinement of organizational and human resources systems that aid in the pursuit of the CBA mission.
- Maintain frequent interaction with the board of directors, providing them with critical information for setting organizational direction.
The eligible candidate:
- Will possess a MA in business, finance, community or asset development, credit reporting/building or other mission-related field
- Bring 5-7 years of experience as a director and/or supervisor in a senior leadership position in a nonprofit organization or customer service related business
- Demonstrate broad organizational development skills and a positive track record in development and fund-raising.
- Exhibit a high degree of integrity and strong leadership with entrepreneurial vision, analysis and problem solving skills.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in an asset building field such as microfinance, credit reporting, or lending is a definite plus.
Please send a cover letter detailing why you believe your skills and experience qualify you for this position, along with a current resume and three professional references to:
. The subject line should read Executive Director Opportunity.
CBA offers a competitive salary and benefits package comparable to other nonprofits of its size.
ABOUT CREDIT BUILDERS ALLIANCE
Credit Builders Alliance (CBA) is an seven-year-old national nonprofit headquartered in Washington, DC. Our mission is to assist economically vulnerable individuals to develop positive credit histories that they can leverage into assets for themselves and their families. CBA has a membership of nonprofits throughout the country who participate in a broad range of credit-building activities. With a staff of seven employees, we provide a menu of products and services that assist members to report to the Credit Reporting Agencies on behalf of their clients, and to receive related technical assistance. For further information about CBA, explore our website at www.creditbuildersalliance.com. CBA is an equal opportunity employer.